Tuesday 25 June 2013

Sofa shopping at Dansk Vintage

This afternoon I ventured into Dansk Vintage's store room to view their fabulous range of Danish mid-century modern furniture. Jason and I saw a vintage sofa on their website that we both liked, which is a rare occurrence given our vastly different aesthetic sensibilities...my mission was to investigate further.

Wow, wow, wow! I felt like a kid in a sweet shop, surrounded by so much vintage Danish goodness!


So, the sofa in question is actually a Hans Wegner designed daybed made by Getama. It is in an unrestored state but it is still such a lovely piece of furniture. It also converts into a decent sized bed as the back rest lifts up to provide more mattress area.


The owners of Dansk Vintage are very nice people with such a wealth of knowledge of Danish design. And as you know, we like nice and knowledgeable!



Decisions, decisions, decisions...

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I say get it!!! You can't go wrong with a Wegner piece. They are timeless and hold their value so well. Think of it as an investment, because if you buy it and restore it and decide you want something else, you can always sell it for more than you paid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you advice Dana, especially as you're in the business. It will be our first grown-up furniture purchase if we buy it. xx

      Delete
  2. Wow! Great potential there! Might have to visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it! I need a table and chairs I will have to check out their website

    ReplyDelete
  4. I event like the green cover. Buy it I say. Something different and unique. Was it comfortable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! Yes, it was comfortable...future lounging potential there. xx

      Delete
  5. Love the lines! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh love it. Quality retro/vintage lounges are hard to come by, especially ones that convert into a bed. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please tell me that we can expect to see this piece in your living room soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Caroline. You'll have to wait and see. xx

      Delete

Love to read your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails